Tuesday, May 19, 2009

22th month milestones (szj) / IMM waterplay


We went out as usual 10:30am with sis Kana & aunt eileen to IMM. Mummy wanted to take the elephant ride with me but disappointed that few machines are out of order :(.

Today, I'm 22th month old today!
Mummy usually will write down what motor skills i've achieved so far :-

1) Yeah! I can jump now! yes, literally lift my legs up and jump! I love it!

2) Out of sudden, I am willingly to let mum & dad hold my hands which previously I protested. In contrast, I even pull their hands and run!! It's fun to run with my parents....I always giggling while running.

3) Dance ... mum noticed my dance movements improve and I can co-ordinates my hands and body well.

4) Beginning to love to play with water (influence from my buddy kana) ...thanks!

5) Sing song - finally I am trying to sing on :

a) ABC song...but more like reciting it.
b) I'm a girl, I'm a boy from Signing Times. This song so hip!
c) Baby Signing Time - main song. Will sing "baby baby ....time"
d) Frankie Prance song from" Things that go counting". Will shout and say "hey! frankie!"
e) Teddy bear
f) Twinkle twinkle little star - manage to sing only "twinkle twinkle....star"

Other milestones achieved :-

6) San Zi Jing (三 字 经)
Finally, I've shown results which mummy been reciting to me the 1st 2 phrases of san zi jing as and when and shown me vcd since I was 15-16th month old.

人 之 初性 本 性 相 习 相 苟 不 性 乃 教 之 贵 以

昔 孟 择 邻 子 不 断 机 窦 燕 有 义 教 五 名 俱
(highlight red are those words i know how to say it out). Mummy only knows these 2 phrases and she has to memorise it just for me. Mummy don't know what is san zi jing at all previously! But for my sake, have to memorise to teach me later the meanings of these 3 classics characters as it will benefits me.

7) I can count 1 - 25 (trying to count to 30) and chinese 1-10

8) Colours recognition - pink, grey, red, blue, white, black, purple, brown, yellow, green and able to translate it to chinese except pink.

9) I can say my chinese name “家 玲" which mummy taught me as well as my english name "shannon" - daddy taught me. I can say our cat "rascal" name too ;)

10) Getting more mischievous/cheeky - will imitate them say "sit!" or "sit down!", "you're very funny!", "you!", "no! no! no!" "shannon!", "shut-up!". These words are the usual words they "scold" me when I am naughty.

No comments: