Monday, February 16, 2009

5-1 booster jab

Today was my last 5-1 booster jab and also the last jab for all compulsory jabs till I am primary 1.

Daddy took leave to accompany us to KKH at 11am appointment. When the PD wants to measure my head circumference, I was cranky throughout and kept kicking, crying and no choice, daddy had to held me tight and mummy held my hands while the PD jab on my thigh and I gave a loud scream.

My height is 81.5cm and weighs 11.2kg which is 75% percentile of both my height and weight.
Mummy asked the PD should my current meal added with salt, sauce or others to add flavour as daddy is concern that I sweat and will loose sodium and to add salt to replenish sodium. PD gave a negative (-) answer as milk contains sodium so no need to add since I can eat with natural flavour till recommended about 2 years of age. In fact, PD said we, adults shouldn't add any salt or others as it is just adding flavour to our meals. Mummy agreed since I still do not fuss about my current meal without any sauce or salt, I should stick to it. And mummy concerned about my chewing as saw other toddlers of my age can chew well with fruits and hard biscuits and PD said shouldn't be concern so long as I can eat normal meal rather than not eating, this is fine. PD said not chewing well will not affect the speech as mummy heard that chewing will help in speech. At least both doubts are cleared and mum & dad are happy to hear I am progressing and grow well too.

No comments: