We went to Ximenting after buffet breakfast at the hotel and bath. It was almost noon time and I took a nap. Ximenting looks similar to Bugis street and it is noisy. Nothing much there in the daytime and it is quite warm during the day. Dad expected the weather to be cool throughout the day. Hence, we u-turn back to the shopping mall near Taipei Train Station while I slept and they were happy to find a local Ya-Kun Coffee Store in the basement foodcourt but disappointed, as the coffee is still not up to the standard here. They woke me as it is time for my lunch and I ate some carrots & chicken meat with little of brown rice.
Taipei Train Station at the background
After our lunch, we took MRT Danshui (red line) to the popular Danshui Fisherman's wharf. Danshui (淡水) is a smaller city to the north of Taipei that was the center of shipping and commerce in northern Taiwan in the 19th century. The city is still popular with visitors from Taipei and boasts many historical attractions.
Mum & Dad like this place very much and look at the sunset --so beautiful! + the weather is cool (22-23 degree Celsius). Many food stores sell finger foods and the most popular is 花 枝 丸 (squid ball).















We had dinner at this lovely, romantic hut restaurant and I enjoyed eating mum's dinner - grilled duck breast which was very tender + drank dad's ice coffee. I drank almost 1/2 of it :) And the atmosphere was perfect - table under a tree facing sea + singer sang beautiful songs which made me danced too + cool weather!
~~ The End of Day 2 ~~

No comments:
Post a Comment