Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 4 - Yeliu Geopark ( 野 柳)

Our journey today were ROCKY!! to Yeliu Geopark ( 野 柳). First we had a hard time getting to the right bus that goes directly to the destination. Dad is the "tour leader" for this holiday and he studied that Taipei Bus Station (Y1 stop) would take us there but when he asked the info. counter, they told us that we have to go to Taipei Bus Terminal (Y22) where we had to go under a long underpass (Taipei City Mall). Both dad & mum wondered what is the difference between Bus Station & Bus Terminal??? Anyway, we boarded a cozy bus that took us an hour to reach.

man-made rock

natural rock

mushroom rock

ginger rock

candle rock

Dad has to hold me tight as I like to walk around on my own. He smacked me when I tried to climb up and I ran to mummy's rescue :))

can you guess the below 1st picture....where is the "queen's head"?? --- many tourists flocked to take pictures of this queen's head (女 王 头 ) rock formation. Hmmmm....interesting.
Facts about this weird rock formation written in traditional chinese.

At the exit door, there is a row of stores selling tidbits/snacks/drinks mainly cuttlefish. All sorts of cuttlefish....spicy, chewy, crispy. I took my noon nap and they had their late lunch peacefully and ordered Taiwan beer and seafood dishes at a nearby seafood restaurant. After their dinner, we took a bus back and I had my dinner at their local Dante coffee (similar to Starbucks) but with more choices near to our hotel stay. I had unagi rice.




~~ The End of Day 4 ~~

No comments: