Monday, August 3, 2009

montesorri & flash cards

Hippie! I am able to climb up the spiral ladder type to the 2nd highest level this morning at the playground. Initially I was stuck at 2nd lowest level and when mummy explained to me that I need to raise my one leg at a time and demonstrate by lifting my leg up. I learnt fast and on 2nd attempt, I was able to do it by myself but haven't learn to get down.

Aunt Geraldine did once said I am an inquisitive child and indeed I am. I like to learn things that adults do. Lately, I kept taking the rubber band to play with it. Yesterday, mummy taught me how to use it by tying it on the book. I kept pratising it seriously. On the other hand, mummy think these practical things are actually montesorri methods. For eg. as learnt from school - using tongs, cloth pegs, play doh, stacking, pressing. Mummy thought this is part of motor-skills or art & crafts. Mummy met a friend whom she is into montesorri methods to teach her girl at home and surprisingly, sweeping is also part of it! Oooohhh!

reading the "H" book ...likes the last page "ho! ho! ho!"

After my noon nap, mum flashed to me on Insects, Measuring Tools & Sports topic and later tested on me. Mummy showed me the real things that has been flashed eg. measuring tape as I kept taking it from the kitchen cabinet and thermometer. Nothing beats showing the real stuff :)
After that, we went to kana's house for play till about 6:25pm. I refused mummy to hold me and walked up the stairs on my own on the way back home.

No comments: