Sunday, August 2, 2009

sight & sound / growing-up

Both mum & dad agreed I got good sight & hearing. While I was in the kitchen this afternoon as I refused to take my noon nap and while daddy was preparing milk for me, I heard loud sound and said "dump truck". I knew it because I heard the same sound and saw a big truck while I was at the playground few days ago. Mummy told me this is a dump truck where all the rubbish are collected. I even recognise the motorbike sound from my house unit when the engine starts as I kept saying "motorbike". Whenever plan flew over, I would said "see airplane" but sometimes mistook for helicopters esp. these past few weeks, 4 or 5 helicopters flew passed our unit for national day rehearsal. I even recognise it is an airplane at night when flew passed and saw only lights blinking up in the air. I am interested vehicles on the road -- lorry, van, taxi, truck, bicycle, motorbike, bus and would excitedly said the names of the vehicles when I saw it.

Whenever it rains, i would excitedly said it is raining as I recognise the sound "dick dick" so is the thunder sound but sometimes got mixed-up with the airplane sound.

On a little note of growing-up, I am able to understand simple instructions :-

1) Mummy recalled few days ago, she asked me to take out my diaper and threw into the rubbish bin as it was my bath-time. I quickly dashed into the living room and picked up my soiled diaper as I left it there and threw into the rubbish bin.

2) Mummy had a habit to take out the rubbish plastic bags (1 plastic bag for my soiled diapers and 1 plastic bag for other rubbish) and wait for daddy to come back home to throw it away. Daddy would make me do some household and ask me to carry 1 plastic bag. Yesterday, I saw a tied rubbish plastic bag and I carried it, said to daddy "throw rubbish". Daddy laughed and accompanied me to throw rubbish into the centre bin outside.

3) Mummy learnt that I do not like "scolding by shouting" as I would react more and unwillingly to listen. So mummy had to use "soft explanation" on why i should not do this and that. She recalled an incident lately when I sat on the dining chair and threw a book on the floor. Mummy did not scold me but showed a stern face. I knew I am wrong and almost cried and mummy used a soft approached to explain to me that if i threw a book on the floor, mummy had to pick it up and I should put it back into the bookshelf instead. Mummy quickly hugged me as I will burst into tears any minute.

4) Mummy saw me twice that I picked up & put back the play dough accessories into the bag and zipped it automatically but other times, she has to ask me.

5) When I am done with my bath whilst they let me played alone on my bathtub for a while (of course, they would watch me at a near distance), I would said "done, finish" and they will carry me to the room to dress me up. Lately, I am more daring to come out from my bathtub on my own quietly and walked out to the living room all wet! I fell a few times as it was slippery. They are careful now and watch me closely during bath.

No comments: